Ballymena Inter Ethnic Forum was developed in 2002 to provide support to Ethnic Minority Communities in Ballymena Borough. Here is some information from the Ballymena Inter Ethnic Forum
Ballymena Inter Ethnic Forum
Being a key partner in building a culturally diverse community where everyone is safe, welcomed, valued and empowered.
To make a key contribution to a culturally diverse society through partnership working and service provision that promotes equality and integration for people regardless of their nationality or ethnicity.
• To Promote Equality of Opportunity – through information, service delivery, training, advocacy and bi-lingual support
• To Value Diversity – to engage in programmes that increase awareness, understanding and respect for diversity.
• To Promote Integration – to support integration through engagement in partnerships, multi-agency projects and
• To promote Mental Health and Well Being among members of the EM communities.
• Bi-Lingual Advocacy service which provides support to victims of Domestic violence and Race Hate crime.
• Diversity training to local schools and youth groups
• Promoting Integration of ethnic minorities into all areas of civic, social, economic and community life through engagement in partnerships, multi-agency projects and community initiatives.