Ballymena has lots of busy opticians which keep our local population in good eye health. nhs.com say, “Regular eye tests are important because your eyes don’t usually hurt when something is wrong. A sight test is a vital health check for your eyes that can pick up early signs of eye conditions before you’re aware of any symptoms – many of which can be treated if found early enough.”
Local opticians such as Waveney Eye care, on Church Street in Ballymena, can carry out eye exams and, if you require glasses, can help you pick from their range of frames. They have fames for kids, teens, adults and every XL frames for those who need a more generous fit.
Advice for Glasses wearers – Ballymena
But once you have you glasses how do you make the most of them? Here are some hints;
- Tell your optician about your lifestyle before you get your glasses. They might be able to steer you in the direction or products and services which might be suitable for you.
- Makeup for glasses wearers – You tube star Tanya Burr has great advice for any teen girls or ladies who are having to re think their make up now that they are glasses wearers.
- Don’t get dazzled by the big names. Lots of opticians stock beautiful designer name frames. Frames from big names such as Chanel might have a great logo on them but at the end of the day the most important thing is that they suit your face shape. Try on lots of frames, take pictures and only pick the ones that you will be happy wearing.
- If you are prone to allergies or skin problems ask about frames made from a hypoallergenic material. And also wash your glasses regularly – not just cleaning your lenses but the entire frames as can pick up bits of makeup and hair product.
- Keep your glasses nearby at all times – If you are anything like me, when you leave your glasses behind that is that day that you are sure to need them – the eye strain and migraine are not worth it!
So whether you have been a glasses wearer for years, or if you have just had a check up and require some help with glasses take your time and pick a style you love and look after both your frames and your eyes. If you think that you are due for an eye test then you easily book one with a local Ballymena Optician like Waveney Eye Care, just call them on 028 2563 0588 for more information.