We called at The Parlour Coffee Shop Broughshane recently. Situated on the Main St, as well as all the food and drinks, they also sell a great range of Morellis Ice Cream. What we really love about The Parlour Coffee Shop Broughshane is that it’s open right through to 11.00pm each night! Being only 3 miles or so from Ballymena, The Parlour is an ideal place to go to relax in the evening, enjoy some of the treats all baked on the premises, as well as have a coffee and a chat.
Opening hours are – Tuesday to Saturday 11.00am – 11.00pm & closed Sundays and Mondays.
We asked the owners, Joanne & Mark, what were the best sellers at The Parlour, Broughshane. “Our ice cream sundaes are extremely popular. We sell 18 flavours of Morellis ice cream including a diabetic friendly option. Our desserts, all made on the premises are also very popular, with many customers coming in to take them home for their after dinner dessert. Also as more and more people need gluten free food, many customers have remarked on the great choice of gluten free options available here.”
The Parlour Coffee Shop Broughshane has an extensive menu.
Here’s some of the options available –
- From the Grill – pizzas, loaded sodas, stew, soup and much more (available all day)
- From the Deli – baguettes, sandwiches, paninis, toasties, etc
- Desserts – as well as all the amazing cakes there’s also crepes, Belgian waffles & hot cookie dough.
- Ice Cream – 18 flavours of Morellis ice cream, available as sundaes or on a cone or slider if you prefer.
- Coffee – we use Matthew Algie beans for our coffees. Also teas, herbal teas, soft drinks & milkshakes.
The guys at the Parlour went on to say, “We have worked hard to create a comfortable and friendly place where customers can call and relax for a while.”
“We also welcome groups to the coffee shop including youth, church & community groups and also cater for birthday parties as well. There is ample parking for larger groups in the car park, a few metres up Church Entry (Just opposite the coffee shop) If you’re passing through Broughshane on your way to, or coming from visiting Slemish or you’re just in the area please call in with us.”
Check out The Parlour Coffee Shop Broughshane on Facebook here.