I have recently just decorated my room and I hope that I will be able to give you some helpful and handy tips so that you end up with the cosy room you would like.
Firstly, you will need to choose a theme. This theme can be a colour or it can be a ‘setting’ for example a beach theme. You can also choose either a wooden floor or a carpet. I personally prefer carpet because it feels more comfortable and is warmer.
For the walls you can choose either paint or wallpaper – you should choose a colour that you don’t think that you will grow out of too fast.
Next, you need to choose the furniture, this includes items such as a bed, bookshelf, table or wardrobe. Try to keep all the wooden furniture the same so that it looks professional. Also decide on the size of the bed you want; you can go for single, small-double, double or a king sized bed.
Lastly you need to ‘accessorise’ – this is my favourite part! You need to add the final touches to make your room more homely. Here are examples of some of the finishing touches that you could add:
- Lamp or lampshade
- Curtains (and curtain ties)
- Chair or beanbag/cushions
- Desk (and a pencil stand/holder)
- Candles – We love the new Zoella range from Superdrug
- Your Favourite Books
- Some ornaments or stuffed animals
- A storage box
- Calendar or pin board
- A homemade item with sentimental value
- If you play an instrument perhaps a music stand
- A TV/computer/speaker system (these items are usually a bit more expensive so don’t feel that you have to get them to complete your room)
If you have any of your own ideas of course you can use them. I hope that this article has inspired you and gave you a few ideas that will help you to decorate your room